1. Respect the rights and dignity of all individuals.
2. Comply with the laws and regulations governing physical therapy.
3. Accept responsibility for the exercise of sound judgment.
4. Maintain and promote high standards for physical therapy practice, education and research.
5. Seek remuneration for their services that is deserved and reasonable.
6. Provide accurate information to the consumer about the profession and about those services they provide.
7. Accept the responsibility to protect the public and the profession from unethical, incompetent, or illegal acts.
8. Participate in efforts to address the health needs of the public.
Code of Ethics Copyright American Physical Therapy Association
Go back >